How we use and store your data
What information do we collect?
- If you sign the Declaration, we may collect your Name, Email, affiliated organization, and country.
- We may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
- We use Google Analytics which collects demographic and behavioral data on users.
- We collect and store your language preferences to provide you the best language experience.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To provide the core functionality of the website.
- To improve the website based on the demographic data of our users.
- The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications about other people interacting with your content or sending you messages, and to respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Among other things, your browser session, as well as the traffic between your applications and the API, are secured with SSL.
What is our data retention policy?
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server, in so far as such logs are kept, no more than 12 months.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users no more than 12 months.
You may contact us at [email protected] to have your data deleted from our database.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have existing settings, adjust the website to your preferences.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Name, country, and affiliated organization of signatories of the Declaration are publicly available. Organizations that have signed are also publicly available. Your email will never be made public.
Site usage by children
If this server is in the USA: Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old. If you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) do not use this site.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated June 13, 2020.