WDI book - call for articles
May 2022 - WDI is writing a book. We are asking for article proposals from women all over the world. Interested? Read more.
WDI's Statements and letters
- 16 May 2022 - WDI statement in support of Ms Shono Yoriko
- May 2022 - WDI Statement on "Report on Gender Theory" by Independent Expert Madrigal-Borloz for the United Nations Office for the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- May 2022 - WDI annual report - read about everything WDI has been doing in 2021/22
- April 2022 WDI Brasil statement on single-sex provisions in hospitals
- April 2022 - statement of support for Katherine Deves
- March 2022 - WDI Scotland writes to Scottish government regarding the new 'Gender Recognition Bill'
- WDI Brasil´s Requeriment to Procurador-Geral da República (the federal attorney) regarding sex-single prisons - number PGR-00112911/2021
- August 2021 - CSW complaint letters
- 8 July 2021 - letter to the Argentinian UN representative from WDI Argentina - in Spanish and English
Latest articles and talk transcripts from WDI and our signatories
- March 2022: 'Gender Identity' in the EU - WDI
- February 2022: The Insult of Transgenderism - Sheila Jeffreys
- February 2022: Motion asks Green Party to suspend WDI signatories
- WDI Spain interview with Colombian women's rights activist, Alejandra Vera - “Our health care system provides breast implants for men, but not for women with breast cancer”
- WDI Brazil article January 2022 "The impact of "gender identity" politics on the rights of women and girls in Brazil"
Register for WDI weekly Feminist Question Time here. Every Saturday from 3-4.30pm UK time.
WDI UK has published its first piece of research into the provision of single-sex accommodation and same-sex medical practitioners in NHS trusts in England and Wales. Download a copy here.
WDI, our country contacts and our founders regularly respond to consultations on issues involving women's sex-based rights.
- 14 May 2022 - WDI Scotland response to gender recognition bill consultation
- March 2022 - WDI UK response to NHS single-sex accommodation consultation
- WDI Legal Committee - Submission to the International Criminal Court on the Policy Initiative on Sexual and Gender-Based Crimes - March 2022
- WDI UK - submission to the conversion therapy consultation - December 2021
- WDI Australia - Joint NGO Submission to the UN Status on Women - July 2021
- WDI response to UK consultation on women's health - June 2021
For use by any interested in carrying out lobbying activities:
WDI letter to the UN, July 2020
- Maureen O'Hara Compelled speech - gaslighting in the courtroom (2019)
- Global Market Insights research into the sex reassignment market (2020)
- Losing sight of women's rights: the unregulated introduction of gender self-identification as a case study of policy capture in Scotland
By: Kath Murray and Lucy Hunter Blackburn